Explore Leicester & Leicestershire
Get Active in your area
We are launching a new rewards programme in Leicester and Leicestershire!
This programme is open to people who reside in or commute into Leicester and the Leicestershire area. The Choose How You Move rewards programme, powered by BetterPoints, allows you to earn points for walking, cycling or using public transport. Track your journeys using the free BetterPoints app, earn points and redeem them for 1000's of high street vouchers or donate them to your favourite charity.
Reward yourself, by selecting a voucher, or donate them to a charity.
How do I take part?
Click below to download the BetterPoints app.
Watch a short video here to get you started or follow these instructions:
1. Download the BetterPoints app from the App Store or the Google Play Store.
2. Tap “Sign up” in the app and fill out the form.
3. You will be automatically added to the Choose How You Move programme due to your postcode. There will be a welcome message about this on your timeline in the app.
4. Tap the Play ▶ button in the top right corner of the app.
5. Track your activity via Automatic (always on) or Manual Tracking (when you want to track a specific activity.)
6. Start earning BetterPoints!
7. If you reside outside of Leicester and Leicestershire but are commuting in and would like to participate please contact customer care for a code to add you to the programme: firstname.lastname@example.org
How can we help you to stay motivated?
With BetterPoints you can see your points accumulate on the app for your efforts, we will also share news of what is going on in your area to help you to stay active.
From time to time we will ask you questions about your travel and activity habits, please answer these promptly and honestly so we can put you in the appropriate reward level. This will also help us evaluate the impact of the programme when it ends.
So get out there and start earning rewards for your activities!
Use the Journey Planner!
The Choose How You Move journey planner will help you plan your trip – and then you can earn BetterPoints during your travel!
- Free walking maps, public rights of way, parks/open spaces, walking groups and guided walks.
- Free cycling maps, free cycling courses, cycling groups and guided bike rides.
- Bus and rail services and links to/from East Midlands Airport.
- Many of the attractions in the heart of The National Forest can be reached by using the National Forest Hopper bus service between Leicester and Burton upon Trent.