I-Travel York’s Winter Challenge aims to encourage everyone who works in York to stay active and healthy this winter by walking or cycling more. Throughout the month of February, businesses and organisations of all sizes will compete against one another in a challenge to see who can log the most employee journeys made on foot or by bike, using the BetterPoints smartphone app. Find out more about how to join in here.
You can use the app to track your journeys automatically using background tracking or if you prefer, select your activity type from the activity menu under the orange play button on the top right of the screen. Read more about how to get started here.
No matter how you track your activities, every single one you record will count towards your company's total in the York Winter Challenge leaderboard. As well as helping your workplace to climb the Challenge leaderboard, by taking part you will also be in with a chance of winning some fantastic prizes:
- The company in each size band who has the most people registered for the challenge by the end of the 4 weeks will win £100 for a charity of their choice.
- A weekly random prize draw gives you the chance to win Cinema tickets, York Passes, Tea & Cake at the York Bike shed and afternoon tea for two at Cycle Heaven
- Weekly winners:
- week 1 - most active walker will win The Blue Bicycle Restaurant Vouchers
- week 2 - most referrals of the programme to a friend, Designer Outlet Voucher
- week 3 most active cyclist, Jamie's Italian York Restaurant vouchers
- week 4 - biggest week on week increase in activities recorded, Wine tours and tasting for two at Yorkshire Heart
If you are already signed up for the York Winter Warmer programme - which runs across the whole of York from Feb 1st to April 30th - as well as being able to earn prizes through this Challenge programme, you can also earn BetterPoints, which you can then redeem for high street rewards or donate to charity. If you've not already registered for the York Winter Warmer then select it from "Programmes" in the menu on your app.
We also have other exciting opportunities like free bike loans available to those taking part in the challenge and a programme to provide one-to-one support to employees who want to promote the challenge in their workplace.
So, don’t worry if you’ve already failed to keep your New Year’s Resolution, start afresh, sign up today using by visiting the 'Programmes' link under the hamburger icon in the top left corner of your BetterPoints app and join us for the #yorkwinterchallenge! Find out more at www.itravelyork.info/about/winter-challenge
Has your workplace not signed up to the challenge yet? Why not register them by emailing email@example.com with your organisation’s name and number of employees:
- Micro (1-10 employees)
- Small (11-50 employees)
- Medium (51-250 employees)
- Large (250+ employees)